Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Heart Macro


studio waterstone


How often have you stopped to really take in the little details? These are the nearly imperceptible textures, colors and shapes that saturate our world, but are so easily overlooked.  This is why I adore the "I heart macro" project hosted by Lori at StudioWaterstone.  The power of macro photography amplified by social networking gives me a peek into the little details other people capture from their lives.  Wonderful!  Click through the link to enjoy this week's other submissions.

Here is my contribution, captured on a walk with the trusty tiny Canon point-and-shoot I always have with me.  It's lucky I found it before the surface tension collapsed and this water droplet, impossibly suspended on the leaf ridges, disappeared like it was never there.

Falling into a dewdrop

18 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. It looks like a green and yellow diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing! I love it and I love that you participated. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture! It's gorgeous!

    And this is my second attempt at commenting. Your site eats my comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible details in that little drop of water! You can see though to see the lines of the leaves under it and everything! Absolutiely amazing shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a diamond in a beautiful emerald setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much, all you lovelies, for your very kind words! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shot....it does look like a diamond. Mother Nature knows her stuff! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing and a little Canon point and shoot did that? Those Canons are the stuff. Sweet!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pictures. You have an amazing eye.

    ReplyDelete